As a fun sport, the benefits of swimming are also very diverse. These benefits lifeguard renewal can also be felt by pregnant women and people with asthma.
Benefits of Swimming for Health As with other types of sports, swimming also has a good effect on health. Quoting from alodokter.com and gooddoctor.co.id , here are some of the benefits of swimming for health.
- Maintain heart health
The first benefit of swimming is good for maintaining heart health. A study shows that this exercise can improve blood circulation in the body. In addition, swimming can also increase the body’s ability to use oxygen.
Water sports are also believed to maintain organ function and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Increase lung capacity
Swimming also provides benefits for people with acid. Research conducted at BJ Medical College, India states that swimming can increase lung capacity and control breathing. Even though it is beneficial, chlorinated water can increase the risk of asthma. So, for people with asthma it is highly recommended to swim in pools that do not contain chlorine.
- Increase muscle mass In addition to the benefits of swimming for the heart and lungs, this exercise is also beneficial for increasing the body’s flexibility and muscle mass. This is because when swimming the body will move against the water pressure. Apart from that, swimming is also believed to shrink calves and make them look firmer. This water sports activity can also make the chest muscles stronger and form.
- Lose weight
Having an ideal body weight may be the dream of many people. There are many ways you can do to get the ideal weight. For example, by consuming a healthy diet and regular exercise. One type of exercise that is known to be beneficial for weight loss is swimming. This sport is known to burn 500-650 calories in one hour.
- Relieve stress
Stress is a condition that many people experience. This condition can cause various health problems. There are many ways to relieve stress, one of which is by doing physical activities such as swimming.
A study states that the benefits of swimming can relax the body’s muscles and make the body more relaxed. Thus stress can be reduced.
- Improve mood Research in the Australasian Journal on Aging 33(2) states that swimming can improve the mood of people with dementia. Not only for people with dementia, but the benefits of swimming on this one can also be felt by everyone.
- Improve sleep quality Quality sleep is also important for the body to stay healthy and fit. Unfortunately there are still many people who experience sleep disorders such as insomnia. To overcome this, swimming can be an option.
- Reduce joint pain
The next benefit of swimming for the body is that it can reduce pain caused by joint inflammation. So that this sports activity can be done by arthritis sufferers. A study also states that people with osteoporosis who do this exercise regularly, experience a decrease in their own pain.
- Overcoming pinched nerves
Pinched nerves are a health disorder that causes the sufferer to be unable to move freely. People with this health problem generally lie more in bed. If you don’t get the right treatment, this condition can weaken the muscles and weaken the joints. To overcome this problem, swimming can be an option. Movement in this sport can make the back muscles and spine more relaxed and relaxed.
- Increase height The next benefit of swimming is that it can be one way to elevate your body . According to an explanation at hellosehat.com , swimming can strengthen the spine and help form good posture. When swimming the muscles of the body will move. When in water the body must also move against gravity. This means that your chest and upper body will stretch and contract in contrast. This movement can increase body growth.
- Prevent swelling in the ankles during pregnancy
Swimming can help push fluid from the tissues into the blood vessels. In addition, this exercise can also improve blood circulation and prevent blood from pooling in the lower limbs.
Safe Tips for Swimming
So that the benefits of swimming are not reduced, it is necessary to know some important things before swimming. Launching from the Good Doctor page , here are some safe tips for swimming. Swimming in a special area for swimming such as a swimming pool. Practice swimming properly and correctly.
When swimming outdoors, it is highly recommended to use sunscreen . Increase your fluid intake because swimming can also cause dehydration. Follow the rules in the pool area. Swim according to ability. That is, if you are only able to swim at a depth of 2 meters, then you should not swim in a deeper pool. This is intended to avoid accidents while doing this sport. Be careful while swimming. Use the handrail beside the pool to avoid slipping.
Tips for Swimming while Pregnant
The benefits of swimming can also be obtained by pregnant women. Even so, there are a number of things that need to be considered if you want to swim while pregnant. According to gooddoctor.co.id , the following is an explanation.
Also Read About: How to teach children to swim to become a lifeguard
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of the water
Before swimming, make sure you pay attention to the cleanliness of the water in the swimming pool. This is very important to prevent water-borne diseases.
Leave a Reply